Saturday, July 22, 2006

First Hatemail

Due to the fact that it will be a few more days until I have free time to write my next piece, I will humor those who emailed me wanting me to write another angry article. This was my first hatemail that I got. Like my worst fear at the time, it was from a Furry about what I thought was pretty informative. I originally was going to be very forward about how I feel about Furries, but the night before I began writing, I had a nightmare that I was being chased by a guy in a fox costume.

http://puudamaggui.blogspot.com/2006/06/furries-are-among-us.html

So, I decided to be kinder and still show how I felt nicely. Yet, it didn't stop one person from sending me my..... FIRST HATEMAIL!


Dear Mr. "Maggui"

Recently I found your blog and found it intriguing and read several entries. Yet, today I read your newest entry about Furries and found it very negative. Being an active member of the Furry Fandom world, I would like to state that, for the whole community, we are upset with your stance on what we love. Even though it may seem that I am trying to persuade you to change yours, I'm not. I am just trying to change people's warped view of Furry Fandom.

So, until you have decided that giving your fans false information is wrong, I and all my Furry friends will not be visiting your site.


-Mary W.

Although she took the time to send me an email, I couldn't go through with replying. Furries truely scare me. But I will add, for Mary's information, that in my later articles my fandom for Star Wars is obvious. I also am also in the war against Trekkies (We will win too) who I am almost as less flattered with. My purpose of my "Furry" article was not to make fun of them (I really don't need to, they do themselves), only inform people what a "Furry" was.

P.S. I will gladly reply to any and all non-Furry hate/fan mail since my fan base is still pretty small.

4 comments:

Rinney Ann said...

If Mary W. truly wanted to change everyone's "warped" views, she should've explained why everyone's views are "warped."

Furries are, indeed, odd.

jbwritergirl said...

Furries, isn't that something that happens inside your mouth during the night, or is that when you put on your bikini and remember once you get to the beach that you forgot to shave?

JB

Justin said...

I'm with you ... I find them scary.

Justin
More Cowbell

Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»