Friday, July 07, 2006

Definition of a Political Blog


A "Political Blog", in simplest terms, a blog about politics. Yet, there is a lot more to these blogs than one may think. After trying to find a worthy political blog to add to my links, I could not find one. So I will give my definition of a "Political Blog" to explain why I hate them.

When it comes to searching this blog genre, the lists are endless. Yet, what they all lack is variety and originality. When one is searching through these pages of so-called intelligent reading, they are usually looking for liberal sites, or they are looking for conservative sites. Yes, very basic knowledge to know the two sides.

Yet, one of the biggest things that makes me mad about these blogs that most are just liberal propaganda. These blogs are all the same due to the fact that all 50 posts are explaining how Bush is another Hitler and if you don't support their blog, you are a Nazi. This puzzles me due to the fact that they threaten you like Hitler himself did that. The other aspect of these blogs that is irritating is that 90% of them are written by college hippies who think they are smart because they are getting a degree in philosophy. A twenty-something is probably one of the last people I am going to go to for knowledge of what is "right" and "wrong".

I would much prefer someone who is at least in their 30s, but no older than 70 due to the fact that they are old and are from a couple "times" before the current era. Sure even though they are all repetitive and all the same, but that still doesn't stop people from reading them. People will read anything that fits their beliefs and ignore the rest. One kid is actually making money off a site that he made where people pay a monthly fee to bash Bush on it. Who the hell is going to go on their to disagree with them if they have to pay to do so?

Even though I could go on all day about the problems with the liberal blogs, I must go on with the other side so I will get equal amounts of hate mail from each side. My biggest problem with the conservative blogs, just like the liberal ones, is that they all speak of at least one of the three main subjects on all their blogs. These topics include abortion, gay marriage, and evolution. O.K., I agree on the whole abortion subject, "you have too much fun, you're getting a new son". Yet, even though most of America are Christians, that doesn't mean everyone is, or has the same form of Christianity.

Gay marriages don't HAVE to take place in a church, I know of many opposite-sex couples who just got married in a courtroom. Too bad if you are afraid of your kids seeing two men or two women holding hands, they see a lot worse on T.V. and on the internet. I'm personally mixed on the subject of gay marriage in church, but if they want to get married, they can and I won't get upset if they do in my church. Now, evolution is also a big problem I have with the conservative blogs. No one said evolution had anything to do with religion. Yet, if you do a search on of evolution or how fossils are made, you get sites that are explaining how man walked with dinosaurs sometime after Adam and Eve or the devil made fossils to mislead us.

So if you want to make a political blog and have it be original, here are a couple guidelines:
-NO ANTI-BUSH/KERRY/WHOEVER pictures! -Maybe make your opinion sound ambiguous
-Try to keep religion and the more "controversial" topics out -Use a lot of question marks

6 comments:

jbwritergirl said...

Bush?
Cheney?
World Crisis?
The story pretty much writes itself don't you think?

(is that enough ? marks, lol)

JB

Ron Bramlett said...

Hippies piss me off.

Puuda Maggui said...

Hmm...seem to know a bit about them hippies, don't ya?

Justin said...

You said it perfectly!

Puuda Maggui said...

Not if you keep adding spam.

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»