Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Puuda Maggui's Myspace Music WInners: Part 2

The Johns
Starting off the second half of the two part series, The Johns, come in 2nd place. Usually when I hear the term "Indie Rock", I think of crap, but The Johns have shown me that there is still some serious hope in the genre. Coming from the Big Apple where bands come at a dime a dozen, The Johns stick out with their unique vocals, and catchy lyrics. If this isn't enough to get you to check them out, if you do go to their Myspace, there will be a hot chick that will jump out of their Myspace.


Hall's Guide Service

Finally, coming in 1st place is Hall's Guide Service (HGS), the greatest funk rock band on Myspace! With their, more than usual, complicated bass lines and sweet and unsucky/nonscreaming lyrics made them my first choice to start. The other reason why they stuck out to me is their age compared to the other bands in the contest, which their age ranges from 16-18. Their lead singer/guitarist, Jake, and their drummer, Andy, both just start college this year.

Jake and James also have their own solo work on Myspace as well, and I've also hear word that their Bassist, Luke may record some solo work as well. So when you add up their age, their level of complicated music, their love of music and their unsucky songs, it shows that each member of the band individually can go somewhere with their musical abilites. Besides, they live in Bemidji, Minnesota; Puuda Maggui's largest location of avid readers (yet for some reason number two is Petaling Jaya, Malaysia).

This also leads me to give the state with the best Myspace bands award to Minnesota, who gave me BRP and HGS. To find The Johns' and HGS' Myspace, check out my Myspace in my top 5.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Johns are awesome!

High Power Rocketry said...

: )